In everyday life, we have to make choices. Do we say yes or no to some things? Most of the time, we feel guilty when we say no to something, so many people tend to say yes even when they don’t want to do it or don’t have the time for it. Those people don’t want to disappoint other people. But it is okay when you say no to these 20 things when you don’t have the time for it or when you don’t want to do it. Because life should be fun. And remember: you don’t have to apologize and say sorry if you say no to something/someone. You don’t owe them anything.
It is okay when you say no to these 20 things
– Things you don’t have the time for it or when you don’t want to do it
– A night out when you just want to stay home
– When you don’t believe in a God even when your whole family does
– When a tradition doesn’t feel right for you. You don’t have to participate
– To alcohol when you don’t want to drink alcohol.
– When someone reschedules a meeting to a day that doesn’t work for you
– Friends who are negative all the time, so toxic friends. Better no friends than toxic friends
– When friends come to you for their problems, but you can’t go to them if you are dealing with something
– When everyone wants to bungee jump (social pressure) but you don’t want to.
– When you don’t want cake, even when they say that you have it because you are so skinny.
– Furniture or decoration stuff from a family member that is really ugly.
– When something doesn’t feel right. Your intuition is always right
– When a salesperson tries to sell you something.
– When you don’t want to go to a birthday party, even when it is your friend’s party
– Staff parties when you don’t want to go.
– When a colleague asks if you can take over his shift (again)
– To the life path your parents made for you when you were little. You don’t have to become a doctor too
– Say no to things that don’t make you happy
– When someone wants to hang out but you prefer to spend some time alone
– You don’t have to answer your emails and messages immediately.
Photo by Sarah Shaffer on Unsplash