Happy February. January was the start of a new year and I had and still have big plans for this year. I decided to focus on my goals, ignore distractions and make myself happy instead of others. The year started off pretty warm with high temperatures, but January was also a month with a lot of rain (and no snow). These are my happy little things of January 2023.
January was all about self-growth. I decided to improve my English, as English is not my native language. I also decided to tackle other habits, but change is not always easy so I am taking step by step. It might take a few months to adjust to the new version of myself.
Happy little moments of January 2023
- Okay, I still have mixed feeling about ‘Did I mention I love you‘ book that I read this month, but honestly, it was a fun and quick read. I started off not great with my reading challenge because I picked the wrong books for me. The first one was pretty boring and the second one wasn’t better. Then I decided to read ‘Did I mention I love you’ instead, which was already so much better.
- Went to a new thrift store. It is not going to be my favourite one, but I still liked this one. It is a pretty small one, but they had everything. Didn’t buy anything because right now I am trying to find cute new dresses for the summer and I couldn’t find anything there.
- I was pretty productive this month and I feel like I am making the most of my time each day. When I don’t have any plans, I get bored and that makes me feel depressed. I like keeping myself busy (in a healthy way).
- Easter chocolate mini eggs. Easter is in April, but the stores decided in the first week of January it was time to get easter stuff in the stores. It makes me feel hopeful because I really love spring and summer.
- Days are getting longer again. In December there was a time that it got dark around 4 pm and the other day the sky wasn’t even completely dark at 6:30 pm. I can’t wait to enjoy those long light evenings.
- A new season of Ginny & Georgia. I had mixed feelings about this series during the first season. But it gets better and better. I hope they will make more seasons because I have the feeling it will get even better. I need to know what is going on with Abby too. I think she has an eating disorder. But while they address serious topics, it is also enjoyable and dark to watch. Georgia’s accent is just amazing.
- I started a new book on the last day of January, which is ´Kiss my cupcake´ by Helena Hunting. So far I really like it.
- I saw a few rainbows in the last couple of days in January. It rained a lot in January, but at the end of the month, the sun also decided to come out a little bit. As a result, there were a couple of beautiful rainbows.
- The last day of the month was a pretty weird day, but I had to go home from work early because of a huge fire. So I had one more hour of free time, which was pretty nice.
- Improving my English. I am taking a course to improve my English, so I can write better blog posts and make better content.
So January was a pretty good month. But I have big plans for February and I hope they all will come true! I have a few business-related goals for the month. I also want to continue with my English course, I want to fix my sleep schedule. Right now, it seems hard to fall asleep before 3 AM, even when I am in bed before 11 PM. I want to start working out in the morning again and celebrate each day.