Happy new year! I can’t believe 2022 is already over. It felt like it was just yesterday when the year started. 2022 was an interesting year with no breaks at all. I had 0 days off until 19 December, which was the worst. So I definitely learned to take more breaks for my own (mental) health. That is at least what I want to do this year. These are 24 things I want to do before 2024
24 things I want to do before 2024
1. Read 100 books. Reading 100 books sounds a bit extreme when you work full-time, but I want to read every night before I go to bed (instead of watching Netflix) and this will motivate me to do that. If you want to follow my progress and see what books I am currently reading, you can always follow me on Goodreads. And of course, I always post little updates on Instagram and TikTok.
2. Travel more. I had no days off, so I had no time at all to go somewhere. But at the same time, I really want to see more of the world. In 2023 I definitely want to see more of the world.
3. Yoga and stretching more often. Sitting all day long for work is not great for your body.
4. Change my look/style. I am done with the same hairstyle every single day.
5. Find a new hobby. I don’t always want to read or watch Netflix when I am not working. I realized on my social media detox days, I really need more (offline) hobbies.
6. Be happier. I want to have more fun. Every day I wake up and do the same things on autopilot and that is kind of boring and it does not make me happy.
7. Read more self-help books and apply the things I learn to my daily life. It is never too late to improve yourself and be nice to other people.
8. Write a book. I’ve been wanting to write a book for such a long time now. It is time to take some action.
9. Go to at least one festival. I love festivals and I definitely want to go to some festivals this year. Hopefully, I can get tickets for my favourite ones.
10. Make new friends. It is never too late to make new incredible and like-minded friends.
11. Volunteer. It does not matter if I am just going to pick up some trash on a beach on cleaning the beach day or do something else. I just want to help others and the earth.
12. Go to a protest. I’ve never been to a protest and I would like to attend one. Probably a climate protest or maybe women’s rights.
13. Try the lucky girl syndrome manifestation tool. In the last couple of days, I heard about a ´new´ tool for manifesting things. It is called ´Lucky girl syndrome´ and it is based on the Law of Assumption. You tell yourself that you´re so lucky and that everything is working out for you. You really have to believe everything you want, will come to you.
14. Take care of my (mental) health. Sometimes I don’t do the right thing that is good for my mental health, like getting enough sleep. But I want to change that in 2023.
15. Try 5 new recipes in 2023. It is always nice to try something new and maybe I will find something that will be my new favourite dish.
16. Walk more. On the weekends I am pretty inactive and that is fine every now and then, but I also know how good it feels when you walk for an hour and I want to get that feeling more often. So I would like to take 10K steps each day. This is pretty standard on a normal workday for me and it is actually pretty easy to get 10K steps in a day.
17. Be more present. I want to take 30-60 minutes each day to practise mindfulness. I’ve read so many books about it, but I never use that information.
18. Movie nights. I love watching movies, but creating movie nights for a group of friends or just me makes it more special.
19. Stepping out of my comfort zone. It is good for people to do something scary and new. This way you learn new things and you grow as a person. Not sure how I am going to step out of my comfort zone, but we’ll see what is going to happen in 2023.
20. Going through my following lists on social media. It’s been a while since the last time I checked who I was still following and figure out if I still want to follow the same people. And maybe another social media clean-up in the summer again.
21. Find the perfect apartment for me. I want to get an apartment with a big kitchen, 1 bedroom, 1 study/workroom and a beautiful view.
22. Show more kindness to everyone. A little bit of extra kindness will make this world a better place.
23. Write in my gratitude journal every single day. It is good to think about all of the good things that are happening. Sometimes something ‘bad’ happens and we focus on that and we forget to be grateful for the little or big beautiful things that are happening to us.
24. Grow my social media. I am creating more content and I hope more people will find my TikTok, Instagram and YouTube accounts. Besides that I also have Twitter, but I have no specific goals for that platform. I use that for fun.