When you do the same things every single day, it can get quite boring. Some people are okay with doing the same things each day, while others don’t. I am one of those people. If I follow the same routine every day for a week, I will get bored. It gives me the feeling of being stuck in life. I need to do differently each day. Of course, I have to work too but I make sure I plan something exciting and fun every day. It does not have to be something big. Today I am sharing my tips on how to make your life less boring.
How to make your life less boring
It starts with my morning routine. Your morning routine sets the tone for the rest of the day. If you immediately wake up, look at your phone and do your whole morning routine on autopilot, the rest of the day will exactly be like that too. I suggest implementing little things each morning to get you excited. Maybe one morning you can watch the sunrise on your balcony. The next day you can read a little from a self-help book that will inspire you to have a great day. Or you can listen and dance to your favourite music.
We all wake up, go to work, come home, eat dinner and go to bed again. And going to work is a big part of our days. Maybe you are currently in a job you don’t even like that much. How can you make it more fun and less boring? If you can focus with music on, put your AirPods in. It always helps me to get into the flow and get a lot of things done. And being in the flow makes you feel good. Every job is different and for some people, days are never the same. But for a lot of people who work at the office, it is. I also work a lot on my laptop, and doing the same work routine can get boring. And I love my job. So these days, I decided to do one task on one day, the second day I do something else etc. It makes it more interesting.
Stop scrolling on social media & stop wasting time
Looking at social media for a second or two is totally fine. Maybe you want to talk to someone or upload a new video/photo. But scrolling for hours is just a waste of time and it will not make you feel better. Yes, social media is made to be addictive. You can use that time for things you really like to do. But this also applies to other things you don’t want to do. Okay, there might be a few things in life you don’t like to do, but you still have to do those things. But there are other things that are not necessary, Maybe you are not in the mood for a party, but everyone else is going. You don’t have to go. You can stay home if you want. Ask yourself why you’re doing this and if it really makes you feel good.
Also read: Why you should spend less time on social media.
Plan fun things
Even though working is a big part of our lives, we still get time for ourselves. And you should use that time wisely. There are so many things you can do after you’re at work or on your day off. Try to plan something fun each day. It does not matter how big or small it is. Sometimes you have more time than other days. You can find a list of things you can do each day below. Just pick a thing you want to do and just do it.
The reason why we feel stuck and why we think our lives are boring is probably that we do the same things every single day and we also see the same people every day. And before you know it, you start to live on autopilot. Meaning, you just do the things you have to do without thinking about it. You’re not really there anymore. You’re not in the present moment. When you switch up routines each day, it gets more interesting.
Fun things you can do each day
– Bake something. Make brownies in the evening, so you can take brownies to work.
– Try a new recipe. Trying new things is always good when you don’t want to live on autopilot. Find a recipe that sounds good and just try it. You might find a new favourite dish.
– Movie night. Invite friends or not and get some popcorn and just enjoy the movie. Put your phones away.
– Go shopping. Some stores are still open when you’re done with work or you can go on your day off. You don’t have to buy something. Just window shopping is fun too.
– Go to a restaurant. If you don’t want to make dinner, go to a restaurant and order your favourite food.
– Go for a walk/run. Walk through a different neighbour this time. Just look around. Sometimes you can find interesting things. When you are paying attention to the things around you, you finally start noticing different things.
– Try a new sport. Maybe you want to take a salsa class or want to try tennis.
– Spend time with family/friends. Invite friends and just talk. Get some snacks and drinks and enjoy.
– Learn something new. Learning something new is a good way to get out of your comfort zone and stop living on autopilot. You can learn a new language or learn how to play an instrument. Options are endless.
– Read. Or just have a night in. Make some tea and snacks, get a book and relax.
– Make travel plans (maybe a city trip). Or get excited about your next trip. Making travel plans is also a lot of fun.
– Have a dance party or learn TikTok dances. There are tons of TikTok dances you can try. Get out of your comfort zone.
– Take a new route to work. Seeing the same things each day can get boring, so find a new route to work/school.
– Discover new music. Spotify can help you with this. Maybe you find new amazing music.
– Karaoke. Or just be a little crazy and have a karaoke night.
– Go to an event/concert. There is always something you can do if you live in a city.
– Paintball, bowling, escape room or something like that. Tons of fun activities you can do when you want to do something completely different.
– Redecorate your house/room. Maybe you got new inspiration to give your home a makeover.
– Be creative. Or make a bullet journal, knit, crochet or paint something.
Find a few things that you want to do. Some days/nights you have more time for fun things, and other days you just can go out for a walk or organize a movie night at home. This way you also have something to look forwards too and you stop living on autopilot.