I am changing my life
Because I am not a very happy person and I overthink a lot. I am not in a happy place right now and I get those weird moods sometimes where I feel stuck in life and I don’t feel good about myself. It feels like everyone is living their best life even during a pandemic and I am just sitting here. Not knowing what I want to do. So many times I’ve tried to change myself and my habits. But after a couple of days, I just give up.
But at the same time, I am done being this person. This is not the person I want to be. But how can you expect different results or a different life if you do the same things every single day?
So I am trying something new. I am going to announce this on every single platform I have and on my blog and say that I am going to change my habits and my life. And I want to document this and keep a diary for myself but also for you. Because even though it feels like I am the only one who is feeling this way, I know for sure that I am not the only one. Maybe you are also someone who wants to change their life, no matter what your goal is. But I am also documenting everything for myself because this way I hope I won’t give up this time.
I also think this is a great time to start because right now we are getting out of a lockdown and everything can be a little bit overwhelming because suddenly we are basically getting our social lives back.
Changing my life
These are the things I want to change:
– Doing a workout or going out for a walk every morning. Unless I don’t have enough time in the morning then I can do it later that day. But I noticed that when I am more active, I have more energy and I feel better. Not sure why I always stop exercising since it makes me feel good.
– Stop watching the news and stop checking the weather app. First of all, I have eyes. So if I want to know what kind of weather it is, I can just look outside the window. Also, I can’t control the weather, so what is the point of checking my weather app so much? I also started to read and watch the news a lot since the start of the pandemic. I wanted to know what was going on in the world. But now it is just a bad habit and it is not healthy anymore. I check the news a few times every single hour. So I can check the news and weather one time in the morning and one time in the evening, but that is it.
– Work on my dreams. I’ve been blogging for a while now and I love being creative. I also like to make those TikTok videos and make YouTube videos. But I have a lot of those days that I don’t feel great and when I don’t feel great, I prefer to do something else instead. But at the same time, I want to make those dreams come true. So every single day I want to work on my dreams for at least 2 hours a day, even on the weekends.
– And I also have to stop putting so much pressure on myself. I ask a lot from myself. When I have two hours to write for my blog, I make myself a very long to-do list. Not very realistic but it is also not great for my stress levels. I’ve had a burn-out before, I don’t want to experience that again.
– Another way I am changing my life is to spend more time offline. I spend a lot of time online because of my blog and other social media channels. But I also spend a lot of time doing nothing on the internet. I am just scrolling and it is boring and pointless. So I want to spend more time offline. That also reminds me that I am going to find an offline hobby. I love to read, but other than that I don’t really have an offline hobby.
– Taking care of my body. I forget to do this sometimes. I mean, I take showers obviously. But I am talking about the other things you can do for your body and mind. At first, I had those binge-eating moments once a month, which was okay for me. But now I have them more often. But also stretching is something I want to do. And I want to do daily meditation too. Even when it is just for 5 minutes.
– End the day the right way. I come home from work around 7:30 and then I eat something. After that, I prefer to end the day in the right way. But instead, I end up watching Netflix series and scrolling on TikTok. But I want to end the day by reading a book, not being focused on work, I want to start journaling and just get ready for a good night of sleep.
So these are the things I want to change about myself at this moment. I will try to document it. I am going to write about this journey every now and then on my blog. And maybe I will be back in a month or so to give you an update on YouTube. But that is not the only thing I want to do. I also want to start making videos that can help you too. Maybe we can do this together.
So I am changing my life. Let me know in the comments if you are also trying to change your life at this moment.